Are you looking for a quick and simple guide on how to schedule LinkedIn posts? If so, you have come to the right place! In this blog post, we will outline how to do just that. Scheduling your LinkedIn posts is an essential part of any social media marketing strategy. It allows you to create content in advance and plan out your marketing calendar accordingly. Not only that, but scheduling your posts also ensures that your followers will see them when they are most likely to be engaged. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
The first thing you need to do is create a content calendar. This will help you keep track of what content you have already created and what still needs to be created. Once you have a content calendar, it’s time to start creating your LinkedIn posts. When creating your posts, make sure that they are interesting, informative, and relevant to your target audience. Once you have created your post, it’s time to schedule it!
To schedule your LinkedIn post, simply click on the “Publish” button and select the “Schedule” option. From there, you can choose when you would like your post to be published. Keep in mind that LinkedIn posts are typically most engaged during business hours (Monday-Friday, from nine to five). Once you have scheduled your post, all that’s left to do is sit back and wait for the engagement!
- How to schedule posts on LinkedIn with Hootsuite
- Best Time And Days To Schedule Linkedin Posts
- Tips To Increase Linkedin Engagement
How to schedule posts on LinkedIn with Hootsuite
Step 1. Add your LinkedIn account to your Hootsuite dashboard
Before you get started, connect Hootsuite to LinkedIn. You can add both your personal LinkedIn profile as well as any business pages you manage to your account.
You only need to follow these steps once; from then on, you can go straight to step 2 when scheduling future LinkedIn posts.
- Delete your LinkedIn profile by navigating to https://www.linkedin.com/profile?redirect=no for the first time, exiting your browser, and logging out of your account in a new window.
- To manage your accounts and teams on the Hootsuite dashboard, click on your profile photo (My Profile), then select ‘Manage Accounts and Teams.’
- You can make your account private by clicking + Private account. If you have a Team, Business, or Enterprise account, click on Manage and then select Add a social network. After that’s done, pick LinkedIn from the list.
- To connect your LinkedIn account to Hootsuite, go to the pop-up window and log in using your LinkedIn credentials. Select the pages and/or profile you wish to add to Hootsuite and then click Done.
Step 2. Compose and schedule a LinkedIn post
- Click Create on the Hootsuite dashboard. Select Post from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose whether to publish your post on your LinkedIn profile or page. Enter the content of your post, including text, links, and images.
- To schedule your post for later, click Schedule for later, then enter the date and time you want it to publish. Click Done and then Schedule.
Tip: The LinkedIn scheduling tool in a free Hootsuite account looks like this. If you have a Professional, Team, Business, or Enterprise account though, the process will be different–recommended times to post will appear in the scheduling box for your convenience. However, if you prefer to choose your time manually, that option is still available to you.
Best Time And Days To Schedule Linkedin Posts
To get the most engagement on your LinkedIn posts, follow these tips from Simplified:
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays are the best days to publish.
- On Wednesdays, the ideal moments to publish on LinkedIn are between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., from noon until 3 p.m., and from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.”
- On Thursdays, it is advised that you publish between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m., as well as between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- The ideal times to post on Fridays are 9 am and between 11 am – 12 pm.
Now that you’ve seen the greatest times to publish, all that’s left is to try and schedule each of them one by one. This is so you can determine which one has the most significant impact on increasing your LinkedIn engagement rate.
Tips To Increase Linkedin Engagement
Get people talking about your posts with these helpful tips.
1. Timing is everything
The best time to publish is different for each audience. Depending on their location and demographics, the optimum time to post on your LinkedIn corporate page might be different.
A helpful hint: After you identify the time that works ideally for you, aim to be consistent and post on a routine basis. Linkedin will give preference to the business pages that show regular activity.
2. Use LinkedIn Analytics
LinkedIn Analytics is a free tool that can help you measure your social media engagement and find out what kind of content your audience likes to see. This information can be useful for social media managers or marketers who want to know more about their LinkedIn audience and the types of content they prefer.
On your LinkedIn company page, you may track the following in LinkedIn Analytics:
- Visitor demographic metrics, such as job function and location.
- You’ll need to promote your posts for that. You can work it out yourself by using a good SEO strategy and off-page SEO techniques that are consistent with your content type.
- Social media platforms are used to promote your brand, among other things. The metrics you want to look for include:
3. Make it count
Your audience will always appreciate quality content that captures their attention and keeps them coming back for more. To figure out what type of content they like best, try creating different types and seeing which garners the most engagement. When you’ve honed in on what works, keep ’em coming!
When you post material on your LinkedIn company page, keep your audience in mind. Promotional postings should be avoided, and compelling material such as industry-specific questions and infographics should be used to get your fans talking.
4. Add links and media
Including links, photos and videos help to increase engagement on LinkedIn. So, be sure to add links that will actually add substance to your posts. Also, post engaging images and videos (especially from YouTube) as this will increase the share rate of your post.
In conclusion, scheduling your LinkedIn posts is an essential part of any social media marketing strategy. It allows you to create content in advance and plan out your marketing calendar accordingly. Not only that, but scheduling your posts also ensures that your followers will see them when they are most likely to be engaged. So, without further ado, let’s get started! If you would like more information on how to schedule LinkedIn posts or need help setting up a social media marketing strategy, contact us today. We would be happy to help!