It’s no secret that LinkedIn is a powerful tool for networking. It can be a great way to connect with potential customers, clients, and partners. However, one of the drawbacks of LinkedIn is that your email address is automatically linked to your account. This can be a problem if you want to change your email address. In this blog post, we will show you how to change your LinkedIn email address without having to create a new account!
Like most people, you probably use LinkedIn to connect with business contacts and potential clients. And, if you’re like most people, you also have a separate email address for business correspondence. This can be a problem when trying to change your LinkedIn email address because your account is automatically linked to the email address you used to sign up for. Fortunately, there is a way to modify your LinkedIn email address without having to create a new account!
– Log into your LinkedIn account and click on the “Profile” tab.
– Scroll down to the “Contact Info” section and click on the “Edit” button.
– Enter your new email address in the “Email Address” field.
– Click on the “Save Changes” button.
That’s it! By following these simple steps, you can easily change your LinkedIn email address without having to create a new account. Give it a try today!
What is the purpose of your email address on LinkedIn?
By adding your email address to your LinkedIn account (which is now mandatory), you’re ensuring that only you can access your information. If you need to change your password, for example, your LinkedIn account will always be associated with this email, and any changes made or forgotten passwords will be sent to this same address.
Change your LinkedIn email address.
The steps to change your email address are easy, but there is an important tip you should know first – your current/existing email address must be confirmed. LinkedIn will send a verification email as part of the process. Do not try to provide a fake email address; instead, it will not work.
Follow these instructions to add a new email account on LinkedIn:
- Click on the “You” icon in the upper right corner of your LinkedIn home page.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Preferences and Privacy.”
- In the upper right corner, click “Identification and Security.”
- To update your information, go to “Change” next to Email Address.
- Click “Add Email Address,” then type your new email address in the field provided.
- By selecting “Send Verification,” you will be taken to the next step.
- To continue, please enter your account password.
Should you associate a second email address with your LinkedIn account?
Suppose anything goes wrong with your LinkedIn profile. In that case, you may use this professional email address (e.g., one from your company) as a backup recovery option if you lose access to your primary email account and cannot regain control of your LinkedIn profile. When individuals quit their jobs, business email addresses are typically deleted, so without a secondary method to restore your account, you’d have to start over if you lose access.
If you want to change your LinkedIn email address but don’t want to create a new account, we have the solution for you! In this blog post, we will show you how to change your LinkedIn email address without having to create a new account. All you need is a little bit of patience and some basic computer skills. So, keep reading if you’re ready to update your LinkedIn profile with your new email address!